Thursday 23 August 2007

Different Colours of Brown

I'm at work. I'm bored at work. So I decided to have a look at my own blog, you know, to try and look at it and be objective with the work. You know what my first impression is? How many different colours of brown can I fit onto one page?!

The sketchbook I use for much of my drawing (I also have a moleskine for ideas and thumbnails) is made of parcel paper. I like it because you really have to go at with the pen to create dark lines and because it's so absorbent you have several levels of black line to play with. To create a really heavy shadow you to really work at it and I feel that adds to the intensity of the drawing.

Now when I scan my drawings I keep the settings exactly the same for consistency. Where I go wrong is when I crop the image down in Photoshop I start messing around in curves to even up the ink lines. I then open up the blog window and colour match the two images together on screen. Evidently this isn't working, although the Money Men came out pretty well, not too uneven.

Bear with me, I'll keep at it.